Husqvarna 6021P 21-Inch 149cc Kohler XT-6 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels

Husqvarna 6021P 21-Inch 149cc Kohler XT-6 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels

  • 21-Inch cutting width
  • Kohler 149cc OHV engine
  • 3-in-1 cutting system - mulch, rear bag and side discharge
  • Ball bearing wheels ensures the mower tolls easily even after many years of use
  • Non-CARB Compliant/Not For Sale In California
This review is from: Husqvarna 6021P 21-Inch 149cc Kohler XT-6 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels (Lawn & Patio)
I bought this mower at my local shop after seeing a major consumer rating magazine recommended it.
Amazon has the photo wrong at the top of this page. The pic shows a FWD powered mower, and this is
NOT a powered mower. Standard old school push mower. Super easy and light to push due to the ball
bearings though. I'll cut to the chase. First or second pull, starts smoothly and every time. Engine
is strong and smooth in everything but the very tallest of grass. My lawn is centipede and cuts very
well. Only leaves the occasional straggler which is exceptable to me. Pretty good on gas too. My old
Bolens took a tank and half to do my 3/4 acre lawn, and the Husky does it with only one. (Bone dry
though when I finish.)

My only issues with this mower is as follows. The foam padding on the handlebars is worthless. After 3 mows,

cracks and falls off. The bagger only works 75% of the time. There is a huge gap where the bottom of the bagger
rests and grass falls and blows out. Be prepared to buy some foam and glue/tape to close the gap. Where the engine is bolted to the frame are also gaps which grass blows out of. I just duck taped mine up and works fine now. If you don't take care of the bagger issue and the gap on the deck, be prepared to be covered in grass. Also, Kohler parts are semi-hard to find. Your gonna have to buy them off the net or a specialty lawn mower shop (no Wally World). Air-Filter is here: http://www.amazon.com/Kohler-Husqvarna-Lawn-Mower-Filter/dp/B002PNJP92
And the spark plug is a Champion 8815 which is also hard to find instead of the standard RCY ones found
everywhere. While none of these are deal breakers for me due to the exceptional cost and reputation of
Husqvarna, just be aware of these shortcomings. If they fix the bagger and engine gaps it would be perfect! I would give Kohler 5 stars for the engine, but I would rate 3.5 to Husky for the deck design. I included some pics above. 

This review is from: Husqvarna 6021P 21-Inch 149cc Kohler XT-6 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels (Lawn & Patio)
After researching and reading mower reviews at amazon.com, Home Depot, Lowes, & other major sites, I was still indecisive on a mower until I came across the Husqvarna reviews on Sears.com. I purchased the CA model of fhte 6021P at my local Sears store today. No waiting on special as mentioned in other reviews. This is in stock and on sale for $219. Brought it home, filled it with gas & oil and like the other reviews..Wow! Started on 1st pull. Runs exceptionally smooth. Engine is quiet and smooth. Ball bearing wheels roll very nice. I bag my grass and the cut was clean and even. I am very impressed with this mower. I feel like I was using a $500 Honda premium mower. Thanks to all the previous reviewers of this mower for leading me to this choice!!